Missions Committee – Meets monthly to explore opportunities for giving to various missions which support the work of the Christian church. Some of our mission partners include:
- Allen Graham – the son of one of our members, is a missionary living in Ecuador, who is a radio broadcaster making an eternal impact on his listeners.
- Tree of Life Church, Roseville – An ECO church plant serving the community of Roseville, CA and the greater Sacramento area.
- Foothill Pregnancy Center – is a nonprofit offering free services as well as education and information about pregnancy and related topics to women in Sonora, California area.
- Global Belief – is an evangelical, nonprofit started by Tuolumne County residents. They share the saving grace of Jesus Christ while providing education and clean drinking water for people in Uganda.
- Grandma’s House – is an after school program, which provides tutoring and nurturing to students from Columbia Elementary School.
- Habitat for Humanity in Columbia, California – is a global nonprofit ecumenical Christian housing organization, which is devoted to building simple, decent and affordable housing throughout the world. They build in partnership with the volunteers and homeowners and make no profit on the sale of the homes. Volunteers from the Church of the 49ers have helped to paint several of the homes built in Habitat for Humanity’s Parrotts Ferry Village in Columbia.
- Interfaith Community Social Services – In 1988 the Church of the 49ers was one of the founding churches of this food and clothing bank in Sonora dedicated to aiding the less fortunate in Jesus’ name. Many church members regularly volunteer at Interfaith and the church collects donations for Interfaith periodically during the year.
- Vets Helping Vets – An organization that provides Veterans with a connection, building a trusted safe personal relationship with other Veterans. From there thay can identify needs and resources, such as therapy, food, housing and employment opportunities.